Friday 12 December 2008

And while I'm talking about cars........


Have you seen the photo's of the SFWU (Service & Food Workers) cars? "Proud to be Union" sun strips and the union logo on the side. I've always thought UNISON should badge our cars and I was real impressed with these! John Ryall the Gen Sec told me that there was some initial resistance - concern that the cars would be damaged but it has never happened. However, he has had one or two calls of the "you'll never believe where I saw one your cars" kind!

When Campbell Duignan came to meet me in Christchurch not only was the car wearing the union logo but he was wearing a union shirt. Not a campaign T shirt but a proper tailored shirt with the logo on the sleeve. Very smart, very professional. I'll await the comments from colleagues!

No comments: