Thursday 23 October 2008

Why am I going to New Zealand?






Well, why not..... this is an opportunity of a lifetime.

I've been invited and accepted an invitation to ANZTSR Ninth Biennial Conference from 24 – 26 November 2008 in Auckland University of Technology - that's Australian and New Zealand Third Sector Research.


I'm UNISON Scotland’s Organiser for Bargaining and Equal Pay, and a community development worker by trade. I've been invited to discuss research and work being done in each country on sector workforce issues – such as the impact of contracting on sector workforces in the UK; collaborative work being done in the Scottish community and voluntary sector to progress employment issues.

I'll also be able to discuss with colleagues from the other side of the world some new findings from New Zealand on what motivates their own tangata whenua, community and voluntary sector staff to stay in the sector.

This will be a dynamic discussion that explores what we can learn from each others’ experiences.

And I can't wait!

No comments: